Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Twisted Spaghetti


Oh yum, the twisted spaghetti. So the reason it's called twisted spaghetti is bc it just sounds catchy and I think it would make someone at least check it out right? Sounded better than olive oil spaghetti, that to me sounds terrible lol.

This dish is SO EASY. It's perfect for one of those nights you just need a quick meal without the nasty chemicals you'd get from fast food.

Here's what you need:

1 pkg Whole Wheat Spaghetti (I didn't use whole wheat here bc I didn't have any - this is an organic regular spaghetti and has the same points value and almost the same calories... from Costco if anyone wants to try it)
1 Cup bell peppers (doesn't matter what colors. I prefer the sweetness of the yellow and red in this dish so I went with it)
1lb Ground Turkey Breast
**Mushrooms - I didn't use any bc I was out but they would be delish in this dish**
1tsp Olive Oil
Garlic Salt
Pepper


Here's what you do:
First thing bc it takes the longest is get the water boiling and the noodles cooked. While that is taking place go ahead and slice your peppers.
 
Next, brown your ground turkey.
 
Once the turkey is almost done go ahead and add the bell peppers and cook until softened.

By this time your noodles should be about done. Strain the noodles and return to pot or place in a serving dish. Add olive oil and garlic salt and pepper to taste. Toss so that all noodles are coated. Add turkey and peppers.

Measure and serve :)
One serving is 1 cup. Check the spaghetti package for the weight in grams.
**Tippy Tid-Bit: I always weigh by grams when provided. It is MUCH more accurate than getting a measuring cup and trying to measure that way :)**

Weight Watchers Points Plus Value: 9



No comments:

Post a Comment