Sunday, December 30, 2012

Chicken Fajitas


So I'm back a week early :). I just couldn't stay gone for too long lol.  Tonight I threw together some chicken fajitas.  I was thinking about what to make for dinner and on a super tight budget so I came up with these.  You can make this recipe for even cheaper if you use store brands as opposed to the brands I used but even on a budget there are some things I'm just not willing to put in my body.  Either way you choose to do it, these are super simple and really quick to make. 


Here's What You Need:
1 pkg chicken breast tenderloins. You could use regular chicken breast and cut it into 1/2in pieces as well.
2 tsp oil (I chose to use olive oil) 
Bell Pepper (I chose to use 3 different colored for more flavor because I don't like onions)
Onions (if you choose to... they are not in mine)
1 pkg McCormick Fajita Seasoning

Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Whole Wheat Carb Balance Tortillas

***Obviously, you can top your fajitas with whatever other toppings you like. Just make sure you count your points or calories when using them :)***

Here is What you Do:
First put oil in your pan and add chicken breast pieces. 
 
Next, cook the chicken for about 5 minutes on medium heat until all the pink is gone from the outside. Meanwhile, while the chicken is cooking, cut up your bell peppers (and onions if you choose to use them).
 
Once the chicken is no longer pink on the outside (5-6mins) add the peppers and continue to cook another 5-6 minutes until chicken is cooked through. 
 
 
Next add fajita seasoning and 1/4c water. mix well and let simmer about 2-3 minutes.
 
Finally, put 4oz of cooked chicken into 2 tortillas and top with your choice of toppings and enjoy!

 
I hope you all enjoy these.  They are flavored really well for fajitas that are not marinated for hours.  Don't forget to come back and tell me and everyone else how you liked them. 
For this particular recipe I will not be putting the WW Points Plus Values because of the variation in toppings. 
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and has a safe and happy new years celebration tomorrow!
ENJOY!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment