Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Egg Salad the light way!


I have been craving egg salad for like a year hahaha.  I kept checking the stores and they never had any and if they did they were soooo high in points I was like eh forget it. So, you can imagine my excitement when I opened up my weight watchers 3 month tracker and discovered there was an egg salad recipe inside! EEEK YAY!!!  So, I tried it, loved it, and of course decided to share it with ya'll! Very simple and easy!

What you need:
4 large eggs
2 large egg whites (boil as whole eggs and then discard the yolks)
2 tbsp chives (as you can see I left these out bc I didn't have any)
2 tbsp reduced calorie mayo
1/2 tsp dijon mustard (I substituted regular yellow mustard)
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

How you do it:
Place eggs in a medium sauce pan and poor enough water to cover them. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
 
Drain and place eggs in an ice bath
 
When the eggs are cool enough to handle, remove the shells and discard yolks from 2 of the eggs.
 
Chop eggs and egg whites into bite-size pieces. Place eggs in a medium bowl and add chives, mayo, mustard, salt and pepper. 
 



Mix until blended.
 
This recipe yields about 1/2c per serving.  For the sake of this blog I grabbed a couple of wheat crackers and had it as a snack. The next day I took some and had a sandwich.  I really enjoyed it and hope you do as well. Remember to come back and comment and tell everyone how you liked it.
 
WW Points Plus Value: 3 


1 comment:

  1. I love egg salad I will for surely be trying this one too!!

    ReplyDelete